Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Scenic View



Originally uploaded by Zishan Haider
When I was young, I always thought about how my life was going to be when I am older. I used to visualize myself as an always smiling guy that is loved by all. Other times I used to see myself as a tough army guy, who can go through any hardship with little difficulty. However those thoughts turned out to be!

I used to think about where am I going to stay. The only thought that ever came to my mind was that I’m going to stay in a valley surrounded by tall green mountains and high waterfalls. And I am extremely content that, in a way, that came true.

Grahamstown is essentially a valley, with not so tall mountains but still beautiful views and greenery. It doesn’t have waterfalls but quite a few dams that are filled with rainwater that flow through the hills. This one in the picture is one of the dams in Grahamstown and is located just when you’re entering Grahamstown on your left corner below the 1820 settler’s monument. Seeing from Google Earth it looks like a small triangle.

People come here to fish, braii and relax especially on the weekends.

No comments: